So Halloween is over. Most people have some treats leftover. Be thoughtful about what you do with leftover candy. What if you were trying to reduce weight or trying to manage your sugar intake.................. Would you find it helpful for others at work to be bringing all the unwanted candy into the office? Bringing extra sweets, cakes cookies etc to work is now considered a form of workplace harassment. No everyone can control their eating behaviour when they see a food that appeals to them.
Definition of harassment: 1) a feeling of intense annoyance caused by being tormented; the act of tormenting by continued persistent attacks.
What can I do? The good news is that most treats come in small packages of about 50kcal. You have some options:
- Discard them in the garbage this week.
- Eat one every day for lunch until they are all gone.
- use them for recovery after a sporting event.
- Freeze them until next year.
- Save items to make a gingerbread house for the next Holiday Season